Cordova’s layout download contains 1 resume document and 1 cover letter MS Word file with two extraordinarily designed columns:
- The left column used to label its corresponding section next to it, and the right hand column serves as the overall body of this professional template.
- A well-crafted sidebar with big inserted monograms on top of the headlines of its sections.
- Include your academic awards, honors and certifications in the header of your resume. If you have several awards or certifications, choose the ones most relevant to the school you’re applying to and include them in the header of your resume.
- The first thing you should do before sending your resume to an employer is to carefully read the job posting for any instructions on how the employer would like you to apply. If the job posting doesn’t include any specific directions, you should simply follow the instructions from the job posting to apply for the position. If the instructions say to send your resume to a specific person or company, what company or person? If the instructions say to send your resume to a specific address, what address?
- If you have a personal email address and a work email address, you should use your personal email address for applying to jobs. If you have a business email address and a personal email address, use your business email address for applying to jobs. There is no need to use your personal email address for anything else, such as sending resumes or other applications.
- If you have a personal phone number and a business phone number, you should use your personal phone number for applying to jobs. There is no need to use your business phone number for anything else, such as sending resumes or other applications.
- To avoid confusion, when answering questions related to your job application, you should always answer them to the best of your ability using the name that you regularly use at your job. If you are unable to answer a question, seek clarification from the employer or recruiter.
- If you are unsure of what to write on your resume or job application cover letter, ask for help from those who are more experienced in the industry you’re applying to. For example, if you are applying to a creative job, ask a friend or family member who works in the industry to help you craft an effective cover letter.
Based on 227 Reviews
Thank you for submitting a review!
Your input is very much appreciated .
It’s so simple, yet packs a punch. You can use it for resumes of all shapes and sizes. I’ve used it for the resumes of executives, graduates, technical writers, artists, and many others. It’s simple, yet beautiful. It’s a single file, that is easily editable.
I know you’re sitting there saying to yourself “But Travis, she has yet to have a single response “. To you I say this: I had a dream where I was standing in front of a giant whiteboard with a blank piece of paper.
99% effective. Guaranteed. It’s simple, it’s beautiful, it’s effective, it’s amazing. Only thing I wish I had thought of before posting this is to make the resume “pop” a little bit more, but it’s not a huge problem.
100% success rate of getting your foot in the door when applying to jobs online with this damnated template. And most importantly,no more applying to 100+ jobs with a resume that nobody wants. You guys were awesome at helping people make this decision for themselves, I think we should give you a little present to thank you for yourselves.
100%. It’s so simple, yet so effective. It’s the exact resume you’ll be looking for, that you’ll be coming back for more. 99% accurate, and that’s a damn good thing. The only thing I would change in this template is to reduce the number of bullet points and add more text.
No matter how much experience you have, or how good your resume template is, or how much time you spend studying about resume writing, you can’t compete with the RESUME. And you can’t out compete the RESUME. There is a reason why most “professionals” recommend a resume template.
I used it to get a job as a video editor for a local TV show. It’s so simple, and yet so effective. You don’t need to be able to code to be successful with it. It’s so easy to use, anybody can use it. It got me a job editing video for a local TV show.
It’s simple, beautiful, effective, and it works every time. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen a candidate’s information blocked by companies because they didn’t know what format to use. I’ve also seen them struggle mightily with the application process because they didn’t know how to format their resume.
It landed me 3 job interviews within 3 days of applying. I am by no means perfect by any means, and I have plenty of room for improvement. I want my resume to match my expectations, and more importantly, make me look like the best candidate possible!
Even if you’re not applying for a job in the field of bioinformatics, this resume will fit most needs. I’ve spent many hours tweaking this template, and come up with what I think is the best one I’ve ever made. It’s so simple, yet versatile. I’ve used it on both macro and micro resumes.