No need for complicated & costly web design programs, crazy long lists of instructions, and hours of sitting in from of a computer just to create a decent looking resume. For one, here a news flash for you. the text in those fancy photoshop and PDF formats aren’t ATS friendly.
- The point of keeping your formatting safe with microsoft word helps when recruiters and HR personnel are searching through thousands of resumes for specific keywords they’re looking for. Regular ATS generators don’t help, it’s the file type that matters most. Good thing Westfir is a regular docx file despite looking anything but!
- A little pizzazz goes a long way. You can start by messing with the colors to lighten things up a bit.
- Replace the company logos and adjust the colors by right clicking and choosing the picture corrections tab under the format picture option to personalize your previous employers and applications.
- Many jobs require specific computer skills, such as using word processing software or operating specific software. If you have a working knowledge of certain software, you may be able to more easily learn how to use others, which can increase your employability.
- Computer skills refer to the ability to perform complex tasks on a computer. Hardware skills allow you to physically operate a computer, while software skills allow you to effectively use programs and applications. Hardware skills can be gained through education, while software skills can be gained through past experience.
- Employers often look for applicants with computer skills because they know they can train you to become more proficient in computer applications. If you have a strong knowledge of an application or use it frequently, you may be able to ask for a transfer of knowledge from the employer to use on your resume.
- Resume objectives work best if they are one or two sentences long. If it is too long, the hiring manager may not finish reading it. If it is too short, the hiring manager may not understand the qualifications you are highlighting.
- You can also choose to include a list of references in your resume. These are people who know you well and can verify your work history and skills. Typically, you should only include a reference list if they work or know someone who works for the same company as you do.
Based on 64 Reviews
Thank you for submitting a review!
Your input is very much appreciated .
Without it, I would be working 4 jobs and going to school at the same time. It has gotten me two jobs already, and the other one is on the horizon. You all just need to know how to make one. It is that easy.
It’s so simple, yet it packs a punch. It’s incredibly easy to use, yet it ensures your document is the best it can be. 99% of job seekers struggle with resumes, let alone the “writing on paper” aspect.
It will completely change the way you look at resumes, you’ll want to print this out and bring it everywhere you go. There’s no way you’ll be able to go back to the old way, which is printed out on a piece of paper and tucked into a drawer.
It’s so simple and yet it packs a punch. I applied to several jobs and got several interviews. I’m using it on an almost daily basis and I haven’t even been able to get one interview with another resume. This is by far the best resume I’ve ever had and it’s because of this resume template. I highly recommend it.
I know you’re probably tired of reading about how good it is, but trust me when I say I wish I came across this before I went out to look for jobs. The resume is simple, modern, clean, and visually appealing. No need to try and compete with templates that are probably designed by 12 year old with their parents’ credit card.
It’s so simple, yet packs a punch. It’s the template that got me my dream job in Media. 100% recomend. I used it to get my first internship at my current company, and I couldn’t be more happy with the result. You’re welcome.
You can have your resume done by a professional, in a timely manner, for a fraction of the price of a new car. 99% of the time the resume is the first contact your recruiter has with you. She doesn’t know you. He does. She is going to call you. He is going to call you back.
A little background information about myself:* I’ve had to move around a lot due to my family’s business. * I’m currently in a dead end job that doesn’t pay enough. * I’m trying to get into a high paying job so plan on moving again.
I think it looks clean and presentable. It isn’t distracting, and it isn’t a clutter of unimportant crap. It isn’t a pic of me, a graph, or a bar graph. It isn’t in a crowded column. It isn’t the typical black and white Times New Roman. Instead it is a crisp white with bold black text.
I had to update my resume after switching companies and I wasn’t happy with the way it looked. Not only did it look messy, it didn’t pass ATS software. I liked the old resume more, but I liked my new, more organized one better.